Blogging is a rapidly growing profession in India, particularly among millennials who value flexibility and financial freedom in their career choices.
65% of India’s millennials are rapidly expanding their blogging horizons, according to reports. Let’s find out why blogging is so popular in India and how to start blogging.
Limitations to blogging in India
Due to the involvement of millennials, the blogging community in India has recently seen a significant increase, almost overtaking traditional media. However, this growth is not without its challenges. Here are some difficulties that bloggers in India face.
- Awareness – Blogging and blogs in India are primarily popular amongst Millennials but not with others and thus make a case for awareness, or the lack thereof. The older Indian populace can easily view this as a hobby with no ideal impact due to their lack of understanding and unwillingness to learn.
- School Pressure – Most student bloggers in India barely have enough time to navigate the rigorous and strenuous school work presented in Indian schools and colleges. And that means they can’t even find spare time to create creative content that generates meaningful income.
This presents a problem for many millennial bloggers in India because they continuously choose between quitting blogging or being inconsistent bloggers who make no money.
- Family Orientation – Most traditional Indian families raise their children to either get a government job or work in a private business firm. That makes the talk of entrepreneurship a taboo of some sort. Any decision to go against the norm in families like this may be met with utter disdain.
Aspiring bloggers from these families may become closeted bloggers without recognition or support from their families. Some have had to give up their dreams of becoming bloggers entirely.
Despite these challenges, you’ve seen proof that Indians can and still do make a great living by blogging. If they can do it, what’s stopping you?
How to start blogging in India 2024 (The Easiest Way)
To start and thrive a successful blog in India, you must focus on blogging details. To break into the blogging industry that is steadily rising, you must be well-equipped to avoid nursing regrets.
Here are the things you must do before your blog takes off.
- Carry out your research to know if blogging is something you can sustain, and be sure that it is your bread and butter.
- When you arrive at a favourable decision, find what speaks to you and what you can blog about for a long time without getting bored. Check out the 15 Best Blog Niches in India for some wisdom.
- Choose the best platform to start with; this is susceptible to change when better platforms come onto the blogosphere.
- Purchase a domain name for your blog once you decide on the title.
- Get a reliable hosting like Hostinger.
- Start creating unique content.
- Promote your blog to reach a broader range of audiences.
- Build relationships and learn from others.
- Invest in high-quality content and SEO.
These are mostly the baby steps involved in starting a blog in India. If you want to learn in detail, please check – How to start a blog in India (The ultimate guide for beginners)
Earnings of top Indian bloggers
These are the people who know their onions in the Indian blogging space. They have made a tremendous impact and some good money while at it.
Here are the top ten Indian bloggers, their blogs, and their estimated earnings.
|Estimated Monthly Income
Average blogger income in India
A regular blogger’s salary in India can be between $100 to $9,000, and celebrity bloggers earn between $20,000 to $60,000 in monthly income. These figures are heavily determined by how much authority you command as a blogger in India and how much traffic your blog generates monthly.
Some average bloggers earn between $100 and $500, with only a handful earning between $2000 and $10,000. Bloggers in India must continue reinventing themselves and improving their content to secure sufficient traffic that translates to money.
5 ways Bloggers in India Can Make Money
- Showing of display ads
- Offering your services
- Selling of affiliate products
- Sponsored posts
- Conduct webinars and workshops
1. Showing of Display Ads
Display Ads are straightforward and don’t require much in the way of maintenance. It is a good way of making money by running advertisements on your blog. The more visitors who see the ads, the higher you earn from the companies. Therefore ensuring you have solid traffic going through is paramount.
2. Offering Your Services
If your content is impactful and draws visitors, brands will seek affiliations with your blog and pay for your services.
3. Selling Affiliate Products
Again, substantial traffic is vital for a good income. You can get paid by referring your visitors to affiliate products. You become an affiliate either by a brand new connection or by reaching out to the people in your niche with an existing affiliate program. Then you sign up for a commission that depends on how many visitors you refer to the products.
4. Sponsored Posts
You will get offers from time to time to review products and market them to your visitors. This can either be a periodic endorsement or a one-time stint. The payment depends on the popularity of your blog.
5. Conducting Webinars and Workshops
When you have established authority and solid know-how in your niche, people will readily pay to be taught by you. You can host webinars and workshops as a successful blogger, using your blog as leverage.
Conclusion – Blogging as a profession in India
Use people like Harsh Agrawal as a yardstick to measure just how high you can climb on the blogging ladder. All you need to do is put in the hard work, exercise patience, and stay determined.
Blogging is not a get-rich-quick scheme, but it ultimately pays off. The competition will be stiff, but it’s not unbeatable. Invest as much time as possible into it, and you’ll start seeing the fruits of your labour before you know it. That is just a simple fact. Good luck!