Blogging fundamentals are the basic yet necessary skills required to address the various aspects of running a successful blog.
Whether you’re just starting a blog in India or you’ve been blogging for quite a time, brushing up on the basics can help you feel less overwhelmed and see the bright purview.
So let’s dive in.
8 Blogging Fundamentals (basics) for Beginners
1. You – Blog owner
- Are you determined to achieve blog success irrespective of time frame and efforts?
- Why do you want to start blogging?
- What do you want to blog about?
- Do you have goals? How do you plan to achieve them?
You (blog owner) are the first area of your blog business to review.
Fundamental systems like calendar management, discipline and good habits play a crucial role in shaping bloggers into business entrepreneurs.
2. Entrepreneur mindset
You can have it all – money, fame, freedom with blogging.
Like any other job or a business, you need to consistently put effort along with the monetary blog investment. It may not yield you the big numbers right away.
So the next time you try to draw the inspiration from a 6-figure blogger, do not assume that blogger got lucky but imagine that for how long that blogger has struggled to make it that far.
Think like an entrepreneur – keep giving your best until you start seeing the success.
We all fall victim to it at some point in time. Maybe you planned to start your day by researching content ideas for your next article and found yourself watching YouTube an hour after.
Believe me, it is not a one-time thing. It can actively go against something you plan every time, which is dangerous.
The only remedy I use to beat procrastination is to tell myself how vital blogging is for me, so the tasks. Noting down what to do for the day and creating a level of commitment in your mind is the only way to hit your goals.
4. Growth mindset
It is crucial – if you think you will fail, you fail even before it starts and will fail.
Only YOU can limit your growth in blogging.
Bloggers need to understand that their blogging skills can be developed with continuous efforts and persistence. They must not quit when things seem undeveloped instead of analyzing and fixing them.
Try to become a better version of yourself but not the perfect.
You may also want to read – How to grow your blog (expert roundup)
5. Be consistent
Most bloggers go offline for weeks or months without even a social media visit.
Life catches up with us at some point in life, but it doesn’t mean you burn out. You will always find a way to get back to blogging if you know your priorities.
Your audience will trust you when you blog consistently. Besides, authority is the new king of blogging, and the only way to earn it is by showing up for your audience.
Blogging requires consistency, which sets successful bloggers from the complaining ones.
Have you ever wondered what happens behind the scenes of a #1 Google ranked post?
It involves researching, content marketing, optimizing on-page elements, networking, audience engagement, link building, etc.
No expert is going to come and spoon-feed you the growth hacks. But the good news is that there are tons of resources on the Internet – make time to learn from others.
Don’t just consume blogging tips but take action.
7. Be a better writer
A blogger who writes top-notch will always have the attention of the audience. The success of your blog majorly relies on the writing skill you possess.
Every piece you create on your blog tells about your expertise, trustworthiness, authority, and helpfulness, which the audience would look for.
Besides, the Google algorithm opens your blog up to keyword searches for which you optimize your content.
Here are some tips to become a better writer:
- Narrow down your niche – You can’t satisfy every group of audience. You will have enough time to research the topic and produce content.
- Have an outline of the article written down before you start writing – Doing so will make it easier for you to organize the content.
- Do not hesitate to use a tool like Grammarly to make your content more readable.
- Craft a draft, and do lots of proofreading for at least 2-3 days if you’re going to publish long-form content.
- Cut the fluff – If you can present the information in 2 sentences instead of 3, just do it. Even better, see if you can do it in a single line.
- Don’t explain things that people might not want to read – Think from their perception and offer.
- Review your work after a few days.
- And finally, keep practicing.
8. Social befriending
There are tons of opportunities for you on social media – so don’t play alone wolf.
Don’t get exhausted thinking of several social platforms you see. A better strategy for a blogger is to focus on just one or two networks.
But why social media for bloggers?
- Grow your audience base
- Content promotion
- Drive blog traffic
- Improve brand identity
- Opens up guest posting opportunities
- Free endorsements, and so on
Identify where your ideal readers hang out, plan social content strategy and deliver it. Don’t forget to analyze the results and see which approach is good for you to adapt.
So how do you like these blogging fundamentals? Do you have anything to add?