I firmly believe Anil Agarwal of Bloggers Passion is a great blogger and a pleasure having him on my blog.
On his blog, he talks about SEO, Making money online, Affiliate marketing, WordPress, and traffic building tips.
- Interview with Anil Agarwal from Bloggers Passion (Income Report & Success Secrets)
- Hi Anil, It’s really great to have you here. Could you please tell our readers a bit about yourself?
- Can you tell us how did you get into blogging and what inspired you the most?
- Is blogging your main career or part-time? How much time do you spend on it?
- What is the information that you share with your readers on your blog?
- Could you tell us about your writing style: starting from choosing the topic to publishing it?
- It has been inspiring to see Bloggers Passion growing, what is your traffic generation strategy?
- How can bloggers should approach content strategy with a minimal budget?
- How do you define your successful content strategy?
- What is the revenue source of your blog?
- What is that one mistake do you think that most of the bloggers are doing today? And, how to stop?
- Do you mind telling us the tools/plugins that you use on your blog?
- Would you encourage other passionate people to start their blog and what would be a few practices you would suggest?
- What do you think is your biggest achievement outside of blogging?
Interview with Anil Agarwal from Bloggers Passion (Income Report & Success Secrets)
Hi Anil, It’s really great to have you here. Could you please tell our readers a bit about yourself?
Hi, my name is Anil Agarwal, I’m the founder of Bloggers Passion which was started back in 2010. It has been over 9 years since I’ve started the blog and it is working really well for me in terms of more search traffic and overall profits.
Can you tell us how did you get into blogging and what inspired you the most?
I started my career in the SEO domain. With the aim to rank for targeted terms, I used to create free blogs on WordPress and Blogger.com type of platform to drive targeted traffic and backlinks to the company websites.
Soon I realized the true potential of blogs and blogging. I started creating health and finance-related blogs on the Blogger.com platform for FREE.
I was able to bring in some organic traffic on those blogs from Google and was able to monetize them through Google Adsense, paid reviews and banner ads, etc.
After some time, I realized blogs that we are creating on free blogging platforms are not safe (and not useful either, especially if you want to make money).
These free blogging platforms can delete our blogs in no time if we somehow happen to violate their policies. Also, they do not look professional and we don’t have much control over them (as we don’t own them).
I started my first blog in 2007 around blogging related topics and sold it to a UK guy via Flippa towards the end of 2009. Later in 2010, I started working on Bloggers Passion. In 2019, I also started a new project around web hosting solutions at HostingMonks.com.
The salary that I was getting in my full-time job was not enough to survive in a metro city like Gurgaon. So I have to look for ways to earn some extra money from other resources. This is how I started blogging with the aim to earn some side income from it.
Is blogging your main career or part-time? How much time do you spend on it?
I’m blogging full-time now and I usually spend 6 to 7 hours a day on my blog where I mostly spend time on SEO and also running a Facebook group which you can find here.
We share mostly SEO, blogging and affiliate marketing related stuff. So if you’re looking to build a profitable blog that makes more money and gets a lot of traffic, you should check out the blog.
Could you tell us about your writing style: starting from choosing the topic to publishing it?
Let me share the content creation process briefly here.
- First, we will do keyword research around the topic we want to write a post. We will come up with one primary and a few secondary keywords for a post.
- Will do our research on that topic
- Create a broad outline for that post.
- Then we will start adding content while sharing our own learnings about that topic.
- Will publish the post on the blog with images, internal and external links, etc.
The writing style will vary depending upon the content we are working on. For information posts, we try to share maximum details about a topic we are working on. If we cannot cover everything in one post, link to internal or external pages where they are covered fully.
If we are writing a review about a product, we try to share how we are using the tool and how that tool has helped us get rid of our problems. Try to cover all aspects of a product in our writing.
It has been inspiring to see Bloggers Passion growing, what is your traffic generation strategy?
The majority of the Bloggers Passion traffic comes from search engines and there’s a reason why we focus more on search traffic because it converts really well. People who visit your blog from search engines like Google tend to convert more because they are usually “buyer-oriented”.
That being said, here are a few quick tips you can follow to increase your overall traffic.
- create highly informative and detailed contents
- makes sure to perform keyword research for every single post you publish
- come up with relevant LSI keywords for your primary keywords to include within your blog posts to optimize well for search engines
- use tactics like guest posting, blogger outreach, etc to start building links
How can bloggers should approach content strategy with a minimal budget?
You should get started small. Start small, think big and aim for long term results. That’s what I did too. Initially, we started writing a short form of articles and then once the search traffic started increasing, we created in-depth articles that generated even more traffic and more importantly sales.
How do you define your successful content strategy?
The successful content strategy depends on how valuable content you’re adding to your target audience. Your content should just not bring more search traffic or sales but your audience should be thankful for creating that content.
If they are happy with what you’re creating on your blog, you can consider your content strategy is successful!
What is the revenue source of your blog?
Mostly we make money from affiliate marketing which means we sell other products and earn a commission. That being said, affiliate marketing doesn’t work better if you’re just creating content as you need a proper strategy to make it work for you!
What is that one mistake do you think that most of the bloggers are doing today? And, how to stop?
Keyword research is one part that is being missed by lots of newbie and even experienced bloggers. Most people write on any topic that comes to their minds without worrying about keyword research.
That’s a wrong approach. If you are aiming at getting some traffic on your blog from Google search, none of your blog posts should be written without proper keyword research.
If you have the budget, you can use SEMrush or Ahrefs type of paid keyword research tools. And if you don’t have funds, you can start with free keyword research tools such as Ubersuggest.
Do you mind telling us the tools/plugins that you use on your blog?
We have written about the blogging tools that we are using to run the Bloggers Passion blog here. And we have done a video around the plugins that we are using on Bloggers Passion here. I hope NettyFeed readers will find them helpful.
Would you encourage other passionate people to start their blog and what would be a few practices you would suggest?
Yes, definitely everyone who’s passionate about blogging and making money online should start their own blogs, and here are few tips that will help in 2020.
- start a blog on WordPress as you can have access to a ton of themes and plugins (so you can do anything from SEO to optimizing your posts with ease)
- create a content marketing strategy (you need to publish posts consistently)
- either hire a writer or spend time on writing (you can even write once in a week) for the initial months
- don’t ignore SEO (as it plays a key role in generating long-lasting traffic to your sites)
- find a monetization strategy (decide how you want to make money from your blog such as offering services, affiliate marketing, selling courses, using Adsense and so on)
What do you think is your biggest achievement outside of blogging?
Honestly speaking, I don’t remember any big achievement outside of blogging. I was an average student. A couple of rewards that I can remember came ONLY due to my SEO skills in my full-time job. But now I’m into full-time blogging, I consider even fan emails (or backlink mentions from other sites or interview requests such as this one) as my biggest achievements.
Many thanks for taking the time to educate on blogging, Anil.
Readers 🙂 Anil has recently launched his eBook on the SEO topic’s crucial branch – Keyword research. It’s already a hot cake in the market – Why not take a look?