I firmly believe Anil Agarwal of Bloggers Passion is a great blogger, and a pleasure having him on my blog.
- Interview with Anil Agarwal from Bloggers Passion (Income Report & Success Secrets)
- Hi Anil, It’s really great to have you here. Could you please tell our readers a bit about yourself?
- Can you tell us how you got into blogging and what inspired you the most?
- Is blogging your primary career or part-time? How much time do you spend on it?
- What is the information that you share with your readers on your blog?
- Could you tell us about your writing style: starting from choosing the topic to publishing it?
- It has been inspiring to see Bloggers Passion growing. What is your traffic generation strategy?
- How can bloggers approach content strategy with a minimal budget?
- How do you define your successful content strategy?
- What is the revenue source of your blog?
- What is the one mistake do you think that most bloggers are making today? And, how to stop?
- Do you mind telling us the tools/plugins you use on your blog?
- Would you encourage other passionate people to start their blog, and what would be a few practices you would suggest?
- What do you think is your most significant achievement outside of blogging?
Interview with Anil Agarwal from Bloggers Passion (Income Report & Success Secrets)
Hi Anil, It’s really great to have you here. Could you please tell our readers a bit about yourself?
Hi, my name is Anil Agarwal. I’m the founder of Bloggers Passion which was started back in 2010. It has been over 9 years since I started the blog, and it is working really well for me in terms of more search traffic and overall profits.
Can you tell us how you got into blogging and what inspired you the most?
I started my career in the SEO domain. I created free blogs on WordPress and the Blogger.com type of platform to rank for targeted terms to drive targeted traffic and backlinks to the company websites.
Soon I realized the true potential of blogs and blogging. I started creating health and finance-related blogs on the Blogger.com platform for FREE.
I was able to bring in some organic traffic on those blogs from Google and monetize them through Google Adsense, paid reviews and banner ads, etc.
After some time, I realized that the blogs we are creating on free blogging platforms are not safe (and not helpful, especially if you want to make money).
These free blogging platforms can delete our blogs in no time if we somehow happen to violate their policies. Also, they do not look professional, and we don’t have much control over them (as we don’t own them).
I started my first blog in 2007 around blogging related topics and sold it to a UK guy via Flippa towards the end of 2009. Later in 2010, I started working on Bloggers Passion. In 2019, I started a new project around web hosting solutions at HostingMonks.com.
The salary I was getting in my full-time job was not enough to survive in a metro city like Gurgaon. So I have to find ways to earn extra money from other resources. This is how I started blogging to earn some side income from it.
Is blogging your primary career or part-time? How much time do you spend on it?
I’m blogging full-time now, and I usually spend 6 to 7 hours a day on my blog, where I mostly spend time on SEO and running a Facebook group which you can find here.
We share mostly SEO, blogging, and affiliate marketing related stuff. So if you’re looking to build a profitable blog that makes more money and gets a lot of traffic, you should check out the blog.
Could you tell us about your writing style: starting from choosing the topic to publishing it?
Let me share the content creation process briefly here.
- First, we will do keyword research around the topic we want to write a post on. We will develop one primary and a few secondary keywords for a post.
- We will do our research on that topic
- Create a broad outline for that post.
- Then we will start adding content while sharing our own learnings about that topic.
- Will publish the post on the blog with images, internal and external links, etc.
The writing style will vary depending upon the content we are working on. For information posts, we try to share full details about a topic we are working on. If we cannot cover everything in one post, link to internal or external pages where they are covered comprehensively.
If we are writing a review about a product, we try to share how we are using the tool and how that tool has helped us get rid of our problems. Try to cover all aspects of a product in our writing.
It has been inspiring to see Bloggers Passion growing. What is your traffic generation strategy?
The majority of the Bloggers Passion traffic comes from search engines, and there’s a reason we focus more on search traffic because it converts really well. People who visit your blog from search engines like Google tend to convert more because they are usually “buyer-oriented.”
That being said, here are a few quick tips you can follow to increase your overall traffic.
- create highly informative and detailed contents
- makes sure to perform keyword research for every single post you publish
- come up with relevant LSI keywords for your primary keywords to include within your blog posts to optimize well for search engines
- use tactics like guest posting, blogger outreach, etc. to start building links
How can bloggers approach content strategy with a minimal budget?
You should get started small. Start small, think big, and aim for long-term results. That’s what I did too. Initially, we started writing a short form of articles. Then once the search traffic started increasing, we created in-depth articles that generated even more traffic and, more importantly, sales.
How do you define your successful content strategy?
A successful content strategy depends on how valuable content you add to your target audience. Your content should just not bring more search traffic or sales, but your audience should be thankful for creating that content.
If they are happy with what you’re creating on your blog, you can consider your content strategy successful!
What is the revenue source of your blog?
Mostly we make money from affiliate marketing which means we sell other products and earn a commission. Affiliate marketing doesn’t work better if you’re just creating content, as you need a proper strategy to make it work for you!
What is the one mistake do you think that most bloggers are making today? And, how to stop?
Keyword research is one part that is being missed by lots of newbies and even experienced bloggers. Most people write on any topic that comes to their minds without worrying about keyword research.
That’s a wrong approach. If you aim to get some traffic on your blog from Google search, none of your blog posts should be written without proper keyword research.
If you have the budget, you can use SEMrush or Ahrefs type of paid keyword research tools. And if you don’t have funds, you can start with free keyword research tools such as Ubersuggest.
Do you mind telling us the tools/plugins you use on your blog?
We have written about the blogging tools that we are using to run the Bloggers Passion blog here. And we have done a video around the plugins we are using on Bloggers Passion here. I hope your readers will find them helpful.
Would you encourage other passionate people to start their blog, and what would be a few practices you would suggest?
Yes, everyone passionate about blogging and making money online should create their own blogs, and here are a few tips that will help in 2020.
- start a blog on WordPress as you can have access to a ton of themes and plugins (so you can do anything from SEO to optimizing your posts with ease)
- create a content marketing strategy (you need to publish posts consistently)
- either hire a writer or spend time on writing (you can even write once a week) for the initial months
- don’t ignore SEO (as it plays a crucial role in generating long-lasting traffic to your sites)
- find a monetization strategy (decide how you want to make money from your blog, such as offering services, affiliate marketing, selling courses, using Adsense, and so on)
What do you think is your most significant achievement outside of blogging?
Honestly speaking, I don’t remember any significant achievement outside of blogging. I was an average student. A couple of rewards that I can remember came ONLY due to my SEO skills in my full-time job. But now, I’m into full-time blogging. I consider even fan emails (or backlink mentions from other sites or interview requests such as this one) my most significant achievements.
Many thanks for taking the time to educate me on blogging, Anil.
Readers 🙂 Anil has recently launched his eBook on the SEO topic’s crucial branch – Keyword research. It’s already a hot cake in the market – Why not take a look?
Affiliate Disclosure: This blog contain affiliate links and I earn a commission if you buy through my referral links. Read the full disclosure.