Today, I’m talking to Lisa Sicard of Inspiretothrive.com.
1. Hi Lisa, what inspired you to start Inspiretothrive.com?
I started Inspire To Thrive to help other people with their online websites. I had several online business owners asking how I did this or that on social media and with the site as I managed an online store. I got tired of the phone calls and emails and thought, why not do a blog to save time? Little did I know what I was getting into back then, LOL.
2. Social media is booming, and so is personal branding strategy – How can business owners leverage social platforms to build their authority?
Business owners can leverage social media by answering people’s questions in their niches. For example, if someone asks about a particular product or service in your niche, respond to them on social media. Be sure to tag them. (Then write about it on the blog later).
3. Which social networks do you have experience using for your business?
I have used many social media networks for my business over the years. Twitter was always my best, but I used LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Quora, Reddit (more so now), and alternative social media sites the past year MeWe, Minds, and Rumble, to name the best ones.
4. Number 1 social media network you recommend bloggers to get on and why?
I would recommend Twitter as the #1 network for bloggers because they are many tools you can use to automate it, more as Triberr and Viral Content Bee. You can get your blog posts spread out further that way. You can also tweet blog posts more often than on any other social media network.
5. What has been your favorite social media marketing tool for managing social media for your clients?
My favorite tool for managing social media for clients is, by far, Agorapulse. I started using it to show them monthly reports. The reports have gotten so easy to process for each client that it doesn’t take me as long as it once did. (I used to take 18 hour-days to do reports and invoicing, I have it down to about 4 hours now). You can generate reports with several channels or just one for each client. You have many variations to choose from as some clients don’t like too much information. I try to keep the reports simple now with Agorapulse. I also use it to schedule content and have freelancers who help me do the same in the same dashboard. Love it!
6. What’s one thing you currently see bloggers doing wrong on social media that needs to be addressed immediately?
One of the things I see wrong is when I share a blog post to Twitter, their user name does not show up!
Another is only retweeting tweets that are from their blog. For example, some bloggers never tweet my blog’s articles but always retweet those I tweet from their blog.
Editor’s note: Social media engagement – I can’t put enough significance on this. Even if you have thousands of Twitter followers, you won’t be able to turn them into your audience until you care to engage with them and help in any possible way.
7. What is your usual publishing process for a blog post?
- While doing the research, sometimes ideas come to me on social media or comments on the blog or other blog comments. Then researching more.
- Looking for places to link to as proof of what I’m writing about. (other times, looking for fellow bloggers to link to if the content is relevant)
- I maybe add some click to tweets or embed tweets or other social networks into the blog post.
- Then I create images with Canva and maybe do a Rumble or YouTube video to go along with it. I now use Grammarly, which helps with editing my posts, but I try to read them over and wait a day before hitting the publish button.
8. What are Your favorite places to promote your blog content?
My favorite place to promote? That’s a tough one. I’d say an email newsletter is one, and then many social networks, but Twitter is where I get most of the traction from still after all these years. I’m starting to see traffic from Minds now, so that’s exciting to see!
Editor special - Shoutout to Anthony Gaenzle who recently published his eBook titled: "Blogging for Business: Skyrocket Your Traffic, Grow Your Readership, and Boost Revenue" Click on the book to grab your copy now...!!!
If you enjoyed reading this Interview, please drop us a comment and share it on social media.
Affiliate Disclosure: This blog contain affiliate links and I earn a commission if you buy through my referral links. Read the full disclosure.