Content marketing continues to be one of the top marketing strategies. And to achieve success with your content marketing strategy, you need to have fresh and compelling content.
But, creating fresh, original content every day is very time-consuming.
And that’s where paraphrasing tools come into the picture, saving you a lot of time, so you spend little time creating content while focusing on growing your online business.
In this article, I compare Quillbot and Spinbot, popular paraphrasing tools in the market right now.
What Is QuillBot?
Quillbot is one of the most popular AI-powered paraphrasing tools on the internet. The tool provides seven writing modes to help you produce content that resonates with your business objectives.
The rewriting modes include:
- and creative.
While you paraphrase your writings, Quillbot simultaneously scans the content for plagiarism –saving you time that you would have used to externally check for plagiarism.
In addition to Quillbot being a paraphrasing tool, it offers a Citation generator and a Grammar checker function.
You can also use Quillbot by adding its chrome extension.
What is Spinbot?
It’s another well-known paraphrasing tool available on the market. Unlike Quillbot, which offers seven modes, Spinbot only offers 3 modes -Default, short, and long.
The tool is powered by the same API that powers a couple of premium paraphrasing and proofreading tools online. This means its output is way beyond what you’d get from a crummy free online tool that someone stitched together who knows how long ago.
Spinbot is excellent at rewriting your content while keeping your context intact.
That said, I believe you understand what Quillbot and Spinbot do.
Let’s dive deeper into understanding their products.
QuillBot vs. Spinbot – Products
Quillbot has two main products; the paraphrasing tool and the summarizer tool.
Quillbot Paraphrasing tool
Quillbot paraphrasing tool is intuitive and offers you a great deal of control. With the seven different modes, you can customize your content to satisfy your chosen objective for the content.
Let’s look at the modes in detail.
- Standard: The tool’s default mode. It replaces a couple of words with similar meanings in your text.
- Shorten: The function of this mode is to compress your sentences to have the same content but as short as possible.
- Expand: This mode does exactly the opposite of the shortened mode. It will expand your sentences and break down some sophisticated words to give more straightforward sentences. The end result is a unique longer version of your content.
- Fluency: The fluency mode helps to improve the language and fluency of your text. It will also fix any grammatical errors in your content.
- Formal: If you’re doing some kind of official writing, this mode is for you. It will paraphrase your content to have a more official and professional piece.
- Simple: The simple mode rewrites content to a version most people can easily understand. If you’re writing some marketing material, this is your best pick.
- Creative: Want your content to have the most inventiveness? The Creative mode is for you. It will try to creatively paraphrase your content while maintaining the context.
While the creative mode can provide incredible paraphrases, you should remember that their accuracy is lower than the other modes.
Note: only the Standard and Fluency modes are available in the free QuillBot version. You will have to upgrade to Premium to access other modes.
As the name suggests, the Summarizer tool summarizes content to express the general idea in a given content. It can be a document, a paragraph, or even a sentence.
Quillbot Summarizer summarizes content in two ways:
A single paragraph, it summarizes the content into one paragraph.
As multiple key sentences in bullet points, where it summarizes the content into several bullets points short sentences.
Spinbot’s only product is the paraphrasing tool, which offers this in two forms. The Basic Spin and Advanced Paraphrase.
The Basic Spinning mode will create a grammatically accurate alternate version (still make sure you run it through Grammarly just in case.) of your content, and it’s free to use for unlimited times during the day.
Advanced Paraphrase mode takes you to Quillbot, which means either that Quillbot owns Spinbot or that Spinbot is affiliated with Quillbot.
Either way, all you can do with Spinbot is basic paraphrasing.
For free versions, both tools provide great paraphrasing tools. But Quillbot comes on top with the Summarizer tool and additional tools in the Premium account (Quillbot Plagiarism checker, Quillbot Grammar checker, Quillbot Citation generator, Quillbot Co-Writer…).
A snippet of content that is 100% duplicate on Duplichecker (this is because the post is already live on my blog).
Here are the plagiarism results I got for the paraphrased content of both tools.
After paraphrasing and putting through Duplichekcer, Quillbot has a 67% originality score, while Spinbot discords a round 100%.
Admittedly, Spinbot did better in this area, but Quillbot’s output is easy to fix. Just hit the paraphrase button again. The next output will have to be 100% original.
Quillbot vs. Spinbot- Readability
I decided to do a readability test to understand how readable the rewritten content was. For this, I used Hemingway Editor.
Note that the higher the Grade score, the poorer the readability. So a readability score of 3 is way better than a Grade 10.
To have a clear picture, it’s only fair to know how the original content was scored.
So here is the original content I used to test the paraphrasing tools.
As you can see, at Grade 9, it’s pretty good, though not perfect.
Now let’s see how the paraphrased pieces of content compare.
As you can see, Quillbot did much better than Spinbot. Spinbot spun content into readability 10, which is too hard to read and which web users won’t tolerate, while Quillbot scored 8, which is slightly better than the original 9, but still very good. Online users would definitely read it. In this example, Quillbot’s paraphrased content is good, while Spinbot’s output would need to be rewritten and simplified to be used effectively.
Quillbot vs. Spinbot- User Autonomy
You might also want to know how much control you have over the rewriting process of your text. So here we’ll look at the customizations available on the tools.
- Editor Panel: This gives you the option to copy a highlighted text, rewrite that text, or freeze it so that it doesn’t get rewritten by the paraphraser.
- Word Suggestions: This gives you word suggestions to fine-tune your text.
- Word Flipper: This customization helps you choose how much of your text you want to paraphrase. A higher setting makes more of the text to be reworded, and the lower the setting, the fewer words changed. Before you go all out on this, note that a higher setting might compromise the accuracy.
- Freeze Words: The freeze feature helps you secure words you don’t want to be changed in the text. (Only available in the Premium version)
- Compare Modes: Also, in the premium plan, you can compare all seven paraphrasing modes. Makes it easier to choose the version that resonates most with you.
- Choose Summary length: This feature is specifically for the summarizer tool. It allows you to control how long or short summaries should be.
Change Capitalized Words: This feature allows Spinbot to change or ignore any capitalized words in your text.
Ignore Words: This feature allows you to set words you don’t want the tool to change.
Quillbot offers way more customization features than Spinbot. So, Quillbot wins in the autonomy category.
Reporting and Analytics
Quillbot offers a statistics tab where you can monitor and track word count, unchanged words, and content readability.
You will need to upgrade to Premium for more reporting options.
Spinbot offers no reporting and analytics.
With no stats from Spinbot, Quillbot is our winner yet again for this category.
Spinbot Vs QuillBot: Integrations
- Extensions: Quillbot provides extensions to integrate with Chrome, Google Docs, and MS Word.
- API: It also allows developers to integrate the tool through the Quillbot API on apps and websites.
API: Spinbot’s only integration on apps and websites is through the Spinbot API through C# script requests.
Quillbot provides more integration options, thus making it more efficient than Spinbot. Quillbot is the winner here.
Quillbot vs. Spinbot- Customer Support
Quillbot has a dedicated support ticketing system, a FAQ page, and a useful blog. Quillbot also allows you to send feedback and make suggestions to improve the tool.
Spinbot offers an email address for support and a minimal blog with helpful content.
Overall, it’s hard to reach them, and they’re not very responsive to issues with their tools.
Even though a live chat is always the ultimate support, Quillbot’s multiple support points make it a clear winner in this category.
Spinbot vs. QuillBot: Pricing
Quillbot has 2 paid plans; a free and a premium plan.
The free plan comes with limited modes, words, and features.
Quillbot’s premium plans give you access to all the features. If you hop on with the annual plan, the pricing starts at $4.17. That saves you up to 58%.
A Semi-Annual payment plan will cost you $6.66, and $9.95 for a monthly payment plan.
Pro tip: if you’re a college student, you might be able to get a special discount. My friend Nikola Roza has a guide on Quillbot’s discount for students you need to check out.
Spinbot is free!
Since Spinbot doesn’t have a premium plan, it’s hard to judge. But comparing the free versions of these paraphrasing tools, Spinbot wins this category. Mainly because Quillbot’s free version limits you to only 700 characters compared to Spinbot’s 10,000 characters.
Spinbot and QuillBot Similarities
- Both can be integrated into apps and websites using their APIs.
- Both provide free paraphrasing options.
- Both tools allow you to stop the tool from altering specific words.
- Both offer free grammar checkers (no need to buy a Grammarly subscription.)
Spinbot vs QuillBot: Differences
- Quillbot offers two featured products and more user customization options compared to Spinbot.
- You can paraphrase more content size with Spinbot than Quillbot’s Free Plan.
- Quillbot has a premium plan, but Spinbot doesn’t.
- Quillbot offers better customer support than Spinbot.
- Better user customization options.
- Provides stats to show the degree of change in your content.
- A vast amount of features in the premium version.
- Allows you to rewrite a reasonable length of content.
- Has a clean, minimalistic, user-friendly interface.
- Maintains the first word of a sentence; by default, Spinbot doesn’t rewrite capitalized words.
- Very limited characters in the free version.
- Every time you run a rephrase of the same content, you get a different result. So you can’t rely on getting the same piece of content when paraphrasing with Quillbot.
Gives you a low level of control over how you want the tool to rephrase your content. There is no reporting and analytics, so you have no idea how your result compares to the original content.
QuillBot vs. Spinbot: Final Verdict
Lucky for us, AI-powered writing tools keep getting better and better by the day. As we saw in the test, both tools matched readability with the original content. And both Quillbot and Spinbot are free tools you can use indefinitely (Quillbot also has a premium tier.)
So to answer the question, which tool to choose between the two?
If you have zero budget, Spinbot is your only choice since it allows for longer content, and its output is solid.
If you’ve got a budget, then Quillbot is your best pick. With all the customization capabilities, Quillbot’s premium version offers you all the tools you need to produce the perfect content.
I hope this helps you get a clear picture of Quillbot vs. Spinbot. Let me know in the comments section below what paraphrasing tool you prefer.